There comes a time in everyone’s life when an ‘it’s time’ moment happens. It may be the moment when you get concerned enough or determined enough to start doing something or stop doing something. You are no longer satisfied with the status quo and realize it is time to act. Over the past few months, the leadership of River Oaks has arrived at an ‘it’s time’ moment; it is time to elevate our game in reaching the unchurched in our community.
The challenges in my message were…
- It’s time to make more room in our personal lives for the lost.
- It’s time to make more room in our church life for the unchurched.
- Its time to focus more on the younger generation.
- It’s time for the younger generation to focus more on the church; to step up…and make this YOUR church.
- It’s time to focus more of our budget on those who are not yet connected to Christ.
The two books I mentioned in my message were: “Just Walk Across the Room” by Bill Hybels and “Organic Outreach” by Kevin Harney. The first book focuses on personal evangelism and the second one on corporate evangelism.
It’s time. Will you be a part of the move towards the lost? I hope so!
Message Title: It’s Time
Message Date: Aug 10, 2014
Speaker: Tim Rowland
Download message audio to share or listen to on your computer.