Sunday, Dustin Kaehr, continued in the Invasion series by taking us through the last five verses of Daniel 1. Throughout the message, Dustin reminded us of one big idea in hopes of challenging us with what we do with our life all the hours of the week we are not at church:
You have what you have, to use what you have, right where you have it. Right here. Right Now.
From Daniel 1:17-21, we learn a lot about Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah. We learn that ultimately, these young men dedicated themselves to the task of glorifying God in all things; and, God blessed and equipped them in great ways.
Challenges for us:
1. No Jordans (No Michael Jordan)
- God uses ordinary people, just like you and me, to accomplish extraordinary things!
2. 10,000 Hours
- How many hours have you spent in your life to follow Jesus? (Phil 2:12 – ….work out your salvation with fear & trembling)
- You get in what you put out! Your faith is no different! (1 Cor. 3)
- 1 Corinthians 3:1-2 – Infants & Milk….spiritually young!
- Colossians 4:5
3. Who’s the Boss?
- Colossians 3:23-24, Eph. 5:21….submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ!
- Luke 22:24-27….Servant Leadership
4. Start Right Here
- Going to the lost is not something we do. But rather, it is who we are!
- Do not be ashamed to let Jesus into your everyday life…and make him part of everything you do.
- You have been given amazing talents.
- You’ve developed them, honed them, and used them to bless yourself, your family, and those around you.
- But, don’t forget…those gifts also need to be used to reach people in meaningful ways, so you can introduce them to Jesus.
You have what you have,
To use what you have,
Right where you have it
Right Here. Right Now.