· Genesis 13:12 – says “(Lot) pitched his tents near Sodom.
· About a year or two after this Genesis 14:12 says, “(Lot) was living in Sodom.
· Finally Genesis 19:1 says “Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city.”
3 Key Events in Lot’s Life (Gen. 19):
· Angels visit Lot in Sodom (19:1-16)
· God destroys Sodom (23-26)
· Lot and his daughters (30-36)
The Big Picture of Lot’s life:
· Lot started to compromise his faith when he was separated from Abraham…
· Lot’s compromised faith affected more than him.
Lot’s faith? Lot had a “worldly faith”. 2 Peter 2:7-8 (NLT)
“Worldly faith”= We need to be in the world so that other people can meet Jesus. At the same time we can’t love the world or be like it in any way. We have to be different. (1 John 2:15, Romans 12:2, John 17:15, 18)
Keys to fighting a worldly faith
· Be in Christian community and don’t ever think you can’t fall. (Hebrews 10:25)
· Be in the Word and examine your life often. (Psalm 139:23-24)
· Be like Christ. (Ephesians 5:1-2, James 1)
- When you step back and look at your life, how are you intentional to be “in the world” yet live differently than the world? Any changes needed in your life so this is true for you?
- Are there areas in your life where the staff could be helpful to you? Health concerns? Life challenges? Getting connected? If so, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We’re here to help if we can.
Resisting the “slow fade” with you this week!