The way Abraham dealt with this matter is a great example of what Jesus said in the Sermon On the Mount, “Blessed are the peacemakers” (Matthew 5:9). And the way Abraham dealt with this conflict is also a great example of faith. In this story he acted in faith by trusting that God would take care of him.
Three lessons for dealing with conflict:
· First, when conflict happens, you take the initiative to deal with it.
· Second, conflict resolution is greatly enhanced if you start with what unites you rather than what divides you.
· Third, (and this is where the faith comes in) sometimes simply defer to the other person and trust God with the outcome.
Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone. Romans 12:18
If you were unable to join us on Sunday, please check out riveroaks.org and click “media” to listen to this message in its entirety beginning Wednesday.
What was your experience like at River Oaks on Sunday? Anything you would like to share with the staff?
Are you looking for ways to connect at River Oaks? Please take a moment and consider the following opportunities to be involved—either through study or service. You can sign up for any of these options on our web site.
- River Oaks Defined – This is a great option for newcomers!
- Doctrine for Dummies
- Men’s Fraternity
- Standing Strong- men’s midweek class
- Football Famine volunteer sign-up
Seeking peace this week!