Haiti ‘12 Update #7

Haiti ‘12 Update #7

Today, Bill and JoEllen took us to the Good Shepherd orphanage to love on the kids there. With a full vehicle and overflowing hearts we drove the 45 minutes to the orphanage. Upon arrival nobody could believe that the 15’x30′, one-room, tumbledown building with inches of dirt on the floor was where these children were living. Although we did not see the one other room they also use, it was in-fact what the 25 kids called home. It was so humbling to watch the kids smile as we put on our production of “Jonah and the Whale” as if they didn’t care what extreme squalor they were living in. They build their lives on the fact the Jesus loves them and nothing else matters. Their faith is so beautiful and pure that all you can do is love them and pray that someday you will be able to emulate their innocent, worry-free, and doubtless hearts.

~Macauley Wieland

27 Comments

1. Scott Tilley 5 years ago

Thank you Macauley for sharing these sweet, honest words. I may or may not have shed a tear while reading of your experiences. Praying for you all. ST

2. Scott Tilley 5 years ago

3. kurt bullard 5 years ago

Thanks for blogging….it is great to follow your trip. Praying for you every day. Hi to Dawn, Amber , and Tommy.

4. kurt bullard 5 years ago

5. Sandra Wegrecki 5 years ago

We love the stories and pictures! We are praying for you and the ministry there. Looking forward to more updates! 🙂
    Sandra and Larry Wegrecki

6. Sandra Wegrecki 5 years ago

Sandra and Larry Wegrecki

7. Sandra Wegrecki 5 years ago

Sandra and Larry Wegrecki

8. Kip and Tanya Wieland 5 years ago

We miss you so much! Thank you so much for turning our hearts towards Divine Love. It sounds like you are learning the deep truths of life. What a gift! What a beautiful description of your experience! Like Mr. Tilley, we were a bit teary-eyed too! We are praying for you every day!

9. Kip and Tanya Wieland 5 years ago

10. Kip and Tanya Wieland 5 years ago

11. Sandra Wegrecki 5 years ago

We love the stories and pictures! I look forward to checking in every day to hear about your experiences. We’re praying for you all. May God bless you and those you meet.

12. Sandra Wegrecki 5 years ago

• tommy 5 years ago

Hey mom! its nice hearing from you! Tell everyone i love I will be posting about my experiences soon! I cannot take pictures on my phone so that was a bummer, But Tim’s getting pictures for me and he said he’d make us copies! I have also been keeping a journal of everyday so i can tell you guys some good stories! I love you guys very much.

13. Sandra Wegrecki 5 years ago

• tommy 5 years ago

14. Lisa Taylor 5 years ago

Thanks for your updates. May you all continue to have amazing experiences. Continued used prayers go out to you. Hannah, love and miss you babe!

• Lisa Taylor 5 years ago

Sorry, I wasn’t looking at what I wrote. NEW prayers go out to you, not used ones. 🙂

15. Lisa Taylor 5 years ago

• Lisa Taylor 5 years ago

16. Odessa Wieland 5 years ago

Hi sis! I miss you so much! You have a gift for writing too honey! What beautiful words! Im thinking of you and I can’t wait til you come home! Me and Jess are having fun but it’s not the same without you! I’m sitting here at Harvest church and I will be thinking of you the whole time! I hope you have a great day!
    Love,
    Dessa-Mae

• tommy 5 years ago

I miss you too! You wouldn’t believe half of the things that I am experiencing. The kids in the village of La Digue right outside of the compound are so friendly that when its time for them to go home you can barely pull them off of you. The food is delicious too! Mango, bananas, plantains among others all grow naturally here and let me tell you, you haven’t had mango till you’ve tried one in Haiti. Oh! And its also REALLY hot! I have so many more stories but I have to save them for in person. 🙂 Thank everyone for the prayers for me and tell Papa I love him.

Cauley <3

17. Odessa Wieland 5 years ago

Love,
    Dessa-Mae

• tommy 5 years ago

Cauley <3

18. kendra 5 years ago

Hey Meg ~ I love this picture of you! We love seeing the posts to hear what you’ve been doing. We are praying for you & the group. Love you!!!! Mom & Dad

19. kendra 5 years ago

20. Tanya Wieland 5 years ago

We miss you Cauley! I loved your update! We are praying for you everyday. We read your blog to Papa and Mimi. They are so profoundly proud of you. God is real. We are together in him!

21. Tanya Wieland 5 years ago